- Published Aug 8th
- Ready In1h 40m
Brotchen Rolls Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Brotchen Rolls for 12 servings:
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup bread flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
Brotchen Rolls Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 40m
To cook Brotchen Rolls, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Brotchen Rolls is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Brotchen Rolls within 1 hour 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Brotchen Rolls easily:
- 1 In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water. Cover and let set in a warm place for 15 minutes, or until yeast is creamy.
- 2 Place 2 1/2 cups flour in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast mixture. Pour in the oil and stir until the flour is combined and a loose dough has formed. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead in the remaining flour as is necessary to keep the dough from sticking. Knead until smooth and supple, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- 3 Divide the dough into twelve equal pieces and form into oval rolls. Place the rolls on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a small bowl, beat together egg white with 1 teaspoon water until frothy.
- 4 Brush the risen rolls with the egg wash and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Per Serving: 118 calories; 1.6 grams of fat; 21.3 grams of carbohydrates; 3.9 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 6 milligrams of sodium.