- Published Aug 8th
- Ready In1h 40m
These versatile rolls will warm up any dinner. They’re brushed with a simple egg wash before baking so they shine when they come out of the oven. These are best served warm.
Brotchen Rolls Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Brotchen Rolls for 12 servings:
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup bread flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
Brotchen Rolls Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 40m
To cook Brotchen Rolls, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Brotchen Rolls is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Brotchen Rolls within 1 hour 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Brotchen Rolls easily:
- 1 In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water. Cover and let set in a warm place for 15 minutes, or until yeast is creamy.
- 2 Place 2 1/2 cups flour in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast mixture. Pour in the oil and stir until the flour is combined and a loose dough has formed. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead in the remaining flour as is necessary to keep the dough from sticking. Knead until smooth and supple, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- 3 Divide the dough into twelve equal pieces and form into oval rolls. Place the rolls on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a small bowl, beat together egg white with 1 teaspoon water until frothy.
- 4 Brush the risen rolls with the egg wash and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Per Serving: 118 calories; 1.6 grams of fat; 21.3 grams of carbohydrates; 3.9 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 6 milligrams of sodium.