- Published Aug 29th
- Ready In55m
Brown Rice Curry Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Brown Rice Curry for 4 servings:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Brown Rice Curry Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Brown Rice Curry, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Brown Rice Curry is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Brown Rice Curry within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Brown Rice Curry easily:
- 1 Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2 In a separate saucepan, bring 2 cups chicken stock to a boil.
- 3 Stir brown rice, curry powder, turmeric, thyme, and bay leaf into onion mixture. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 225 calories; 10.1 grams of fat; 30.7 grams of carbohydrates; 3.5 grams of protein; 23 milligrams of cholesterol; 407 milligrams of sodium.