Chocolate chunk brownies swirled with rich cheesecake are topped with a creamy chocolate ganache. It makes a perfect Valentine’s dessert!
- 15 small heart-shaped baking molds
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 (19.8 ounce) package chocolate chunk brownie mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Butter the heart-shaped molds.
- 3 Beat brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and 1 egg together in a bowl until smooth and well mixed.
- 4 Pour the batter into the prepared heart molds.
- 5 Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Beat in 1 egg until smooth.
- 6 Spoon a dollop of the cream cheese mixture into each heart mold and mix slightly with a knife to make decorative swirls of cream cheese filling in the brownie batter.
- 7 Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- 8 While brownies are baking, place chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring after each time, until the chocolate is warm, smooth, and melted.
- 9 Stir heavy cream into the chocolate. Mixture will be clumpy.
- 10 Remove hearts from oven, and immediately spread about 1 tablespoon of chocolate mixture over each heart.
- 11 Return the hearts to the oven and bake until the chocolate topping spreads out, about 5 minutes. Cool before serving.
- Calories 337.3
- Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.1 mg
- Fat 20.7 g
- Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Sodium 171.8 mg
- Sugar 8 g