- Published Sep 8th
- Ready In1h 40m
Brunch Casserole Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Brunch Casserole for 12 servings:
- 12 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup diced sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pinch paprika, for garnish
Brunch Casserole Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 40m
To cook Brunch Casserole, you need about 40 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Brunch Casserole is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Brunch Casserole within 1 hour 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Brunch Casserole easily:
- 1 Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and slice.
- 2 In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onions and rice; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are limp. Pour in 2 cups chicken broth, cover and cook until rice is done, about 20 minutes.
- 3 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- 4 In another saucepan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk in flour. Slowly stir in cream and remaining 2 tablespoons chicken broth; stir constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5 Spread half of the cooked rice in bottom of the prepared pan. Top with half of the egg slices, half of the diced green chilies and half of each of the cheeses. Spoon half of the chicken gravy the eggs. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 6 Bake uncovered in preheated oven until bubbly and golden. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Per Serving: 287 calories; 18.7 grams of fat; 16.9 grams of carbohydrates; 12.8 grams of protein; 226 milligrams of cholesterol; 330 milligrams of sodium.