- Published Sep 12th
- Ready In25m
Brussels Sprout Pakora Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Brussels Sprout Pakora for 4 servings:
- 1 (16 ounce) package Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup water, or more as needed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 chile peppers, seeded and diced
- vegetable oil for frying
Brussels Sprout Pakora Cooking Instructions
- Ready In25m
To cook Brussels Sprout Pakora, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Brussels Sprout Pakora is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Brussels Sprout Pakora within 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Brussels Sprout Pakora easily:
- 1 Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts, cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Sift chickpea and rice flour together in a large bowl; mix in coriander, cumin, baking powder, salt, and black pepper. Whisk in enough water until pakora batter is the consistency of pancake batter. Stir in Brussels sprouts, cilantro, and chile peppers until combined.
- 3 Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4 Scoop a few tablespoons of pakora batter at a time into the hot oil. Fry until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 24.4 grams of fat; 33.4 grams of carbohydrates; 9.8 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 135 milligrams of sodium.