- Published Mar 27th
- Ready In25m
What to do with Brussels sprouts? It’s all in how you season them, and this recipe creates a visually appealing and flavorful side dish to any meal!
This recipe also works well when substituting Brussels sprouts with cooked green beans. Mmmmm good!
Brussels Sprouts with Sour Cream Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Brussels Sprouts with Sour Cream for 4 servings:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 dash hot sauce, or to taste
- salt to taste
Brussels Sprouts with Sour Cream Cooking Instructions
- Ready In25m
To cook Brussels Sprouts with Sour Cream, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Brussels Sprouts with Sour Cream is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Brussels Sprouts with Sour Cream within 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Brussels Sprouts with Sour Cream easily:
- 1 Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until translucent and tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer onion to a large bowl.
- 2 Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts, cover, and steam until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer Brussels sprouts to the same bowl with the onion.
- 3 Stir sour cream, bacon bits, butter, and hot sauce into vegetable mixture until evenly coated; season with salt.
Per Serving: 187 calories; 13.4 grams of fat; 13.4 grams of carbohydrates; 6.5 grams of protein; 23 milligrams of cholesterol; 161 milligrams of sodium.