These are chocolate-covered balls of peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar.
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- 2 In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar with hands to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate.
- 3 Melt shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
- 4 Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a wooden toothpick into a ball, and dip into melted chocolate. Return to wax paper, chocolate side down, and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Calories 203.6
- Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Fat 12 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Sodium 81.2 mg
- Sugar 20.7 g