Delicious and easy gluten-free biscuits with the healthy twist of buckwheat flour.
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Stir buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in sour cream and milk with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- 3 Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead about 5 times. Pat out to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut into rounds with a 2- or 3-inch cutter. Transfer biscuits to a nonstick baking sheet.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until bottoms are nicely browned, about 15 minutes.
- Calories 136.8
- Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Fat 7.2 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Sodium 263.2 mg
- Sugar 1.8 g