- Published Apr 4th
- Ready In2h 30m
Buddhist Monk Dumplings Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Buddhist Monk Dumplings:
- 1 potato
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chile, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ cup finely shredded cabbage
- ¼ (14 ounce) package firm tofu, crumbled
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- salt to taste
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
Buddhist Monk Dumplings Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 30m
To cook Buddhist Monk Dumplings, you need about 45 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Buddhist Monk Dumplings is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Buddhist Monk Dumplings within 2 hours 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Buddhist Monk Dumplings easily:
- 1 Place potato into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and mash. Set aside to cool.
- 2 Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and stir. Add carrots, onion, green chile, garlic, turmeric, and ginger. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add mashed potato, cabbage, and tofu and stir again. Add water and cilantro; cook and stir until vegetables are soft and water is dried up, 7 to 8 minutes. Add garam masala and salt and stir well. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 3 Mix flour, water, and salt together in a bowl. Knead into a ball; continue kneading until dough is very soft, 10 to 12 minutes. Wrap and rest for at least 1 hour.
- 4 Take a knob of dough and roll out into small round, about 4 inches in diameter. Spoon a heaped teaspoon of filling in the center and moisten the edge with a little water. Press edges together, overlapping the top slightly to form a pleat, and continue to create a half-moon shape with little pleats all around the edge. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- 5 Fit a large pan with a steamer basket and add about 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Add dumplings and steam until swollen and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 188 calories; 36.2 g of carbohydrate; 0 mg of cholesterol; 2.2 g of fat; 2.5 g of fiber; 5.8 g of protein; 0.3 g of saturatedFat; 46 mg of sodium; 2 g of sugar;