Inexpensive, easy to make, and delicious chicken pie!
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 large potato, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Divide dough into 2 pieces and shape into balls. Roll out one ball of dough to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place bottom crust in pie plate. Roll out top crust and set aside.
- 2 In a large saucepan, saute the shredded carrot, potato and minced onion until soft. Remove from heat and alow to cool.
- 3 Mix in the chopped chicken, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Pour into bottom crust. Cover with top crust, seal and crimp edges.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Calories 735.6
- Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Fat 44.1 g
- Fiber 5.9 g
- Protein 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Sodium 1176 mg
- Sugar 1.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.