- Published Jun 4th
- Ready In40m
Burnt Salsa Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Burnt Salsa for 32 servings:
- 18 roma (plum) tomatoes
- 4 jalapeno peppers, stemmed
- 4 serrano chile peppers, stemmed
- 4 Anaheim chile peppers, stemmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile powder with lime (such as Tajin®), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Burnt Salsa Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Burnt Salsa, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Burnt Salsa is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Burnt Salsa within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Burnt Salsa easily:
- 1 Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Place tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers, and Anaheim peppers on grill.
- 2 Cook on the preheated grill, turning often, until tomatoes have collapsed and all peppers are blackened, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 3 Transfer tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers, and Anaheim peppers to a large serving bowl; blend with an immersion blender until chunky. Add onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, chile powder with lime, and ground black pepper; stir salsa to combine.
- Cook's Note:
- Don't be afraid of cooking your vegetables too long. The burnt flavor is what makes this salsa.
Per Serving: 10 calories; 0.1 grams of fat; 2.1 grams of carbohydrates; 0.5 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 113 milligrams of sodium.