A light biscuit topped with delicious strawberries.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- 8 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2 Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3 Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/3 cup white sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- 4 Cut in cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (If desired, place flour mixture into the work bowl of a food processor with the butter; pulse several times to cut butter into the flour mixture. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, and proceed.)
- 5 Stir in buttermilk until the flour mixture is moistened.
- 6 Drop 1/3-cup scoops of the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- 7 Brush biscuits with heavy cream and sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar.
- 8 Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 9 Mix together the sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup white sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Allow berries to rest until juices develop, about 30 minutes.
- 10 Serve the strawberries with juice over the biscuits.
- Calories 321.6
- Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Fat 13.2 g
- Fiber 3.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8 g
- Sodium 585.4 mg
- Sugar 20.1 g