- Published Apr 25th
- Ready In1h 15m
Butternut Squash and Apple Cider Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Butternut Squash and Apple Cider Soup for 8 servings:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup sour cream, or as needed
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or to taste
Butternut Squash and Apple Cider Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Butternut Squash and Apple Cider Soup, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Butternut Squash and Apple Cider Soup is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Butternut Squash and Apple Cider Soup within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Butternut Squash and Apple Cider Soup easily:
- 1 Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the melted butter until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add butternut squash, potatoes, apple, carrot, and celery to onion; pour in chicken broth and enough apple cider to cover vegetables. Bring mixture to a boil and cover pot. Reduce heat and simmer, adding more apple cider as needed, until vegetables are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 2 Blend vegetable mixture with an immersion blender until smooth; stir in cream, cinnamon, and cloves. Simmer until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon soup into serving bowls; top each with about 1 tablespoon sour cream and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 9.1 grams of fat; 64.4 grams of carbohydrates; 4.4 grams of protein; 25 milligrams of cholesterol; 558 milligrams of sodium.