Whether you’re eating gluten-free or not, this is just a really nice, and very easy, winter dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cups grated butternut squash, packed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup garbanzo-fava bean flour (such as Bob's Red Mill®)
- 3 tablespoons corn flour (such as Bob's Red Mill®)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup sour cream for garnish
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds for garnish
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion; cook and stir until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2 Place butternut squash in a large bowl, and season with curry powder, cumin, sea salt, and black pepper. Toss with a fork, then stir in the egg, garbanzo-fava bean flour, and corn flour. Mix in cooled onions.
- 3 Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the butternut squash mixture into the pan. Flatten to a patty about 1/4-inch thick. Pan fry until crisp and browned, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining squash mixture.
- 4 Top with sour cream and pumpkin seeds before serving.
- Calories 250.3
- Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Fat 17 g
- Fiber 3.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Sodium 251.4 mg
- Sugar 2.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.