We have some vegetarians in the family. This salad is great to add vegetables to our holiday meal!
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cubed smoked mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2 Place butternut squash in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 4 Cube avocado and place in a salad bowl. Add roasted squash, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- 5 Combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Calories 457.3
- Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Fat 29.8 g
- Fiber 10.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Sodium 213 mg
- Sugar 8.1 g