- Published Aug 9th
- Ready In1h 20m
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce for 8 servings:
- 1 large butternut squash - halved lengthwise, peeled and seeded
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 50 wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 20m
To cook Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce within 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Place the squash cut side up on a baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon butter in the hollow of each half. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the squash with a sheet of aluminum foil tucking in the edges.
- 3 Bake squash in preheated oven until tender and easily pierced with a fork, 45 to 65 minutes.
- 4 Scoop the cooked squash into a bowl, and mash until smooth. Mix in the allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and Parmesan cheese until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5 Fill a deep pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil.
- 6 To make the ravioli, place a wonton wrapper on a clean, flat surface. Brush edges with the egg white. Place about 1 tablespoon of the squash mixture in the middle of the wonton. Cover with a second wonton wrapper. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and squash mixture until all have been used.
- 7 Drop the ravioli into the boiling water, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove, drain, and keep warm until sauce is prepared.
- 8 To make the sauce, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the sage. Continue to cook and stir until the sage is crispy but not browned. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place 6 to 8 raviolis on serving plates, and drizzle with sauce.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 271 calories; 9.2 grams of fat; 40.2 grams of carbohydrates; 7.9 grams of protein; 27 milligrams of cholesterol; 415 milligrams of sodium.