- Published Aug 9th
- Ready In1h 20m
This is an easy recipe that will amaze your guests with its elegance and complex flavors. The secret is using won-ton wrappers instead of pasta. This raviolis can also be prepared ahead and frozen, which makes it even more versatile! Try experimenting with acorn, pumpkin or another winter squash.
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce for 8 servings:
- 1 large butternut squash - halved lengthwise, peeled and seeded
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 50 wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 20m
To cook Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce within 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage-Brown Butter Sauce easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Place the squash cut side up on a baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon butter in the hollow of each half. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the squash with a sheet of aluminum foil tucking in the edges.
- 3 Bake squash in preheated oven until tender and easily pierced with a fork, 45 to 65 minutes.
- 4 Scoop the cooked squash into a bowl, and mash until smooth. Mix in the allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and Parmesan cheese until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5 Fill a deep pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil.
- 6 To make the ravioli, place a wonton wrapper on a clean, flat surface. Brush edges with the egg white. Place about 1 tablespoon of the squash mixture in the middle of the wonton. Cover with a second wonton wrapper. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and squash mixture until all have been used.
- 7 Drop the ravioli into the boiling water, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove, drain, and keep warm until sauce is prepared.
- 8 To make the sauce, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the sage. Continue to cook and stir until the sage is crispy but not browned. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place 6 to 8 raviolis on serving plates, and drizzle with sauce.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 271 calories; 9.2 grams of fat; 40.2 grams of carbohydrates; 7.9 grams of protein; 27 milligrams of cholesterol; 415 milligrams of sodium.