- Published Apr 12th
- Ready In1h
Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Soup for 8 servings:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock, or as needed
- 3 small sweet bell peppers, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Soup, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Soup is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Soup within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Soup easily:
- 1 Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir butternut squash, sweet potato, carrot, celery, onion, and garlic in hot butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Pour chicken stock and sweet bell peppers into butternut squash mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until squash and potato are tender, about 40 minutes.
- 3 Pour squash mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- 4 Return pureed soup to pot and season with salt and black pepper.
Per Serving: 167 calories; 6.3 grams of fat; 28.2 grams of carbohydrates; 2.9 grams of protein; 16 milligrams of cholesterol; 416 milligrams of sodium.