- Published Dec 27th
- Ready In50m
Cabbage Patch Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cabbage Patch Soup for 6 servings:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup sour cream
Cabbage Patch Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Cabbage Patch Soup, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cabbage Patch Soup is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Cabbage Patch Soup within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cabbage Patch Soup easily:
- 1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute the bacon bits and onion in the oil for about 5 minutes, or until onion is tender. Stir in the flour to coat well, then quickly pour in the chicken broth. Stir constantly for 3 minutes, or until somewhat thickened.
- 2 Next, add the cabbage, carrots, salt, ground black pepper and bay leaf. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the peas and sour cream 1 minute before serving. Allow to heat through and remove bay leaf.
Per Serving: 173 calories; 10.4 grams of fat; 11.6 grams of carbohydrates; 8.7 grams of protein; 15 milligrams of cholesterol; 1206 milligrams of sodium.