Giant shrimp and baby octopus are cooked in garlic mojo sauce with a touch of pasilla chiles. A delicious recipe that is very easy to make. Serve with white rice, avocado, and a very cold beer.
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ cup butter, divided
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds cleaned baby squid, bodies sliced crosswise into 1/2 rings, large tentacles halved
- 12 large jumbo prawns, cleaned
- 2 dried pasilla chile, seeded and sliced
- 1 Combine 1/4 olive oil, 1/4 cup of butter, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a blender; blend until marinade is smooth.
- 2 Place squid and prawns into a bowl, pour in marinade, and stir until well coated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3 Heat remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook chile until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add squid and shrimp; cook and stir until evenly browned, 10 to 15 minutes per side.
- Calories 660.2
- Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.9 mg
- Fat 53.1 g
- Fiber 1.3 g
- Protein 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Sodium 281.7 mg
- Sugar 0.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.