Great combo of sweet and spicy! You can also skip the Buffalo sauce, and it’s just a delicious.
- 2 cups brown sugar and butter flavored crispy corn and oat breakfast cereal (such as Cap’n Crunch®)
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Crush cereal in a food processor to make fine crumbs. Place crushed cereal in a shallow bowl.
- 2 Whisk flour, salt, and black pepper together in a shallow bowl. Beat eggs and Buffalo wing sauce together in a separate shallow bowl.
- 3 Gently press a chicken tender into the flour mixture to coat and shake off excess flour. Dip into the beaten egg, then press into crushed cereal. Gently toss between your hands so any crumbs that haven't stuck can fall away. Place coated chicken tenders in a single layer on a plate while coating the rest; do not stack. Repeat for remaining chicken tenders.
- 4 Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook each chicken tender in hot oil, turning once, until cooked though and golden brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Calories 454.2
- Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 196.3 mg
- Fat 22.4 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Sodium 716.9 mg
- Sugar 5.7 g