- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In25m
Tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil drizzled with a sweet balsamic reduction and olive oil. Easy, impressive and delicious! Most grocery stores now sell prepared balsamic reductions. Surprisingly it’s just as good!
Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction for 4 servings:
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction Cooking Instructions
- Ready In25m
To cook Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction within 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction easily:
- 1 Stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar mixture has reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Set the balsamic reduction aside to cool.
- 2 Arrange alternate slices of tomato and mozzarella cheese decoratively on a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, spread fresh basil leaves over the salad, and drizzle with olive oil and the balsamic reduction.
Per Serving: 580 calories; 38.8 grams of fat; 34.8 grams of carbohydrates; 22 grams of protein; 89 milligrams of cholesterol; 331 milligrams of sodium.