A simple coffee cake filled with a cream cheese-caramel mixture and softened apples, then covered completely with Marzetti® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip.
- ¾ cup Marzetti's® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) package plain cream cheese, divided
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice blend
- 2 cups dry biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon Flour, for rolling dough
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled, diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2 For filling, in a medium bowl, combine 4 ounces cream cheese and 1/4 cup Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- 3 Combine apples, spice blend and 2 tablespoons water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. Drain off excess water and cool.
- 4 For cake, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, remaining 4 ounces cream cheese and butter.
- 5 Using two forks, blend mixture until it resembles cornmeal. Add milk and mix to form a ball of dough.
- 6 Place dough on a floured work surface and roll into a 9x12 rectangle.
- 7 Transfer dough to baking sheet. Spoon cream cheese mixture into center of dough, place cooled apple pieces on top, and cover all with reserved 1/2 cup Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip.
- 8 To create overlapping strips, cut twelve 2 1/2 inch long strips on each side of dough. Fold strips of dough over filling.
- 9 Bake 15 minutes or until cake is golden brown. Cool completely and serve. Cover leftovers with plastic wrap and keep chilled in refrigerator.
- Calories 320.3
- Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Fat 19 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Sodium 448.4 mg
- Sugar 15.3 g