Marzetti® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip and sweet apples take classic oat bars from ordinary to extraordinary!
- 1 (16 ounce) tub Marzetti's® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup shortening
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 4 ½ cups peeled and chopped favorite apples
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2 In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, salt and baking soda.
- 3 In a large mixing bowl, blend together butter, shortening and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add dry mixture and blend to form a crumbly mixture.
- 4 Measure and set aside 2 cups crumbs. Press remaining crumbs into a 9x13 inch pan. Spread apples into an even layer over crust.
- 5 Transfer Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 to 40 seconds or until warm. Stir until smooth. Pour over apples and sprinkle remaining crumbs over all.
- 6 Bake on middle rack of oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and apples are tender. Cut into desired size bars while slightly warm and serve.
- 7 Store remaining bars covered in refrigerator.
- Calories 202.8
- Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Fat 9.5 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Sodium 189.6 mg
- Sugar 15.9 g