- Published Dec 24th
- Ready In45m
Caramel Apple Pork Chops Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Caramel Apple Pork Chops for 4 servings:
- 4 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 tablespoons pecans (optional)
Caramel Apple Pork Chops Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Caramel Apple Pork Chops, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Caramel Apple Pork Chops is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Caramel Apple Pork Chops within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Caramel Apple Pork Chops easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). Place a medium dish in the oven to warm.
- 2 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done. Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- 3 In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
- 4 Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened slightly. Spoon sauce over apples and chops. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 16 grams of fat; 17.1 grams of carbohydrates; 13.8 grams of protein; 48 milligrams of cholesterol; 27 milligrams of sodium.