- Published Apr 20th
- Ready In40m
Caribbean Nachos Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Caribbean Nachos for 4 servings:
- 1 (16 ounce) package multigrain tortilla chips
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 8 thick slices bacon
- 3/4 cup Caribbean jerk marinade
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Caribbean Nachos Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Caribbean Nachos, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Caribbean Nachos is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Caribbean Nachos within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Caribbean Nachos easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Layer the chips on a tray or cookie sheet. Arrange the red pepper, orange pepper, onion, avocado, and pineapple on top of the chips.
- 3 Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly crisp; drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Chop the bacon and sprinkle over the nachos.
- 4 Pour the jerk marinade into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring continually, until the marinade reduces to a thick sticky consistency, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and stir to coat; cook until the shrimp are hot. Scatter the shrimp over the nachos; top with Monterrey Jack cheese and cilantro.
- 5 Place the nachos in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.
Per Serving: 1268 calories; 68.9 grams of fat; 108.4 grams of carbohydrates; 59 grams of protein; 299 milligrams of cholesterol; 2809 milligrams of sodium.