This is a chile and meat recipe which can be used for chili and beans or eaten with French fried potatoes.
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons guajillo chile powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- 1 In a saucepan, combine water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and beef cubes. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2 Combine the chile powder, minced garlic, and oregano in a small bowl. Add enough of the beef cooking water to make a paste. After 30 minutes, stir the spice paste into the beef mixture.
- 3 Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook flour, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Take 1 cup of the spiced cooking water and whisk it into the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the cumin, chopped parsley, and salt.
- 4 Transfer the thickened sauce mixture into the saucepan with the beef. Simmer until tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Calories 673.3
- Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 152 mg
- Fat 51.9 g
- Fiber 3.1 g
- Protein 43 g
- Saturated Fat 19 g
- Sodium 599.5 mg
- Sugar 0.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.