- Published Jan 29th
- Ready In55m
Carne en su Jugo (Meat in its Juices) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Carne en su Jugo (Meat in its Juices) for 6 servings:
- 4 fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 3 serrano chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 cups water
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 pounds flank steak, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
Carne en su Jugo (Meat in its Juices) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Carne en su Jugo (Meat in its Juices), you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Carne en su Jugo (Meat in its Juices) is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Carne en su Jugo (Meat in its Juices) within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Carne en su Jugo (Meat in its Juices) easily:
- 1 Combine the tomatillos, serrano peppers, garlic, and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool. Transfer the contents to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Cook the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- 3 Place a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; cook the flank steak in the hot skillet until completely browned. Pour the tomatillo mixture over the beef and bring to a boil. Stir the chicken bouillon into the mixture, and reduce heat to medium. Cover the skillet and simmer until tender, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat the pinto beans in a saucepan over medium heat until warm; reduce heat to low to keep warm until needed. Stir the bacon and pinto beans into the flank steak mixture; divide the mixture between 6 bowls. Garnish each with onion, cilantro, black pepper, and a lime wedge.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 16.4 grams of fat; 27.6 grams of carbohydrates; 29.3 grams of protein; 58 milligrams of cholesterol; 944 milligrams of sodium.