- Published Sep 14th
- Ready In10m
Cauliflower Sheep Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cauliflower Sheep for 1 serving:
- 2 black olives
- 2 dry black-eyed peas
- 1 cauliflower floret, stem removed
- 16 raisins
- 6 toothpicks
Cauliflower Sheep Cooking Instructions
- Ready In10m
To cook Cauliflower Sheep, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The following are the steps to cook Cauliflower Sheep easily:
- 1 Hold 1 olive, pitted end facing up as the top of the head. Use a small paring knife to make 2 shallow holes the size of a black-eyed pea in the 'face' of the 'head'. Press each black-eyed pea into each hole, black eye facing outward.
- 2 Cut 2 slits from the top of the pitted hole of the 'head' to be placeholders for the 'ears'. Cut 2 small lengthwise strips from the remaining black olive, and discard the remaining olive piece. Slice olive flesh away from each strip to create sheep 'ears'. Slide the 'ears' into the slits on the 'head'.
- 3 Press 2 toothpicks close together into one end of the cauliflower floret and secure the olive 'head' onto the toothpicks.
- 4 Thread 3 raisins lengthwise onto each of the 4 remaining toothpicks. Skewer 1 final raisin, crosswise, at the base of each toothpick to create 'hooves'.
- 5 Secure the toothpick 'legs' into the bottom core of the cauliflower floret to create 4 equal-length 'legs'.
Per Serving: 45 calories; 1.1 gram of fat; 8.8 grams of carbohydrates; 1.1 gram of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 92 milligrams of sodium.