- Published Jun 13th
- Ready In1h 5m
Cha Gio Vietnamese Egg Rolls Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cha Gio Vietnamese Egg Rolls for 12 servings:
- 1 cup uncooked bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 1 large dried shiitake mushroom
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound shrimp, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 24 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for deep frying
Cha Gio Vietnamese Egg Rolls Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 5m
To cook Cha Gio Vietnamese Egg Rolls, you need about 45 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cha Gio Vietnamese Egg Rolls is about 5 minutes , and you can serve your Cha Gio Vietnamese Egg Rolls within 1 hour 5 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cha Gio Vietnamese Egg Rolls easily:
- 1 Soak vermicelli and shiitake mushroom in warm water until pliable, about 15 minutes; drain well. Mince shiitake.
- 2 Combine vermicelli, shiitake, pork, shrimp, carrot, shallot, fish sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss well to break up pork and and evenly distribute filling ingredients.
- 3 Lay 1 egg roll wrapper diagonally on a flat surface. Spread a scant 2 tablespoons of filling across the center of the wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling, then fold in side corners to enclose filling. Brush egg on top corner of wrapper and continue rolling to seal. Make additional egg rolls in same manner.
- 4 Heat oil in a deep-fryer, wok, or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), or until a drop of water jumps on the surface.
- 5 Fry egg rolls until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels or paper bags.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 13.5 grams of fat; 13.8 grams of carbohydrates; 12 grams of protein; 68 milligrams of cholesterol; 464 milligrams of sodium.