Easy to prepare super delicious vegetarian soup.
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup large brown lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups thinly sliced Swiss chard
- 4 large potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Cook lentils in boiling water until beginning to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Add chard; continue cooking until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Add potatoes to the boiling water, reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and cook until the potatoes are completely cooked, about 12 minutes.
- 3 Mix lemon juice, crushed garlic, and salt together in a bowl; add to the pot. Continue to cook at a simmer another 5 minutes. Stir olive oil into the mixture. Increase heat to high and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Calories 360.5
- Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Fat 14 g
- Fiber 11.8 g
- Protein 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Sodium 931 mg
- Sugar 2.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.