- Published Sep 6th
- Ready In45m
Chayote with Egg and Cheese Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chayote with Egg and Cheese for 4 servings:
- 4 chayotes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 onions, minced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices American cheese, cut into pieces
Chayote with Egg and Cheese Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Chayote with Egg and Cheese, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chayote with Egg and Cheese is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Chayote with Egg and Cheese within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chayote with Egg and Cheese easily:
- 1 Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Place the chayote into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and chop the chayote. Set aside.
- 3 Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped chayote, and season with salt and pepper. Break the eggs over the chayote mixture, and reduce heat to low. Cook and stir until the eggs have set, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with American cheese.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 192 calories; 11.4 grams of fat; 16.4 grams of carbohydrates; 7.9 grams of protein; 90 milligrams of cholesterol; 880 milligrams of sodium.