A cheap and easy lentil salad. Makes a great side salad at dinner or a great lunch at work!
- ½ pound French green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, or to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Combine lentils and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook lentils at a boil until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- 2 Mix kidney beans, corn, and parsley in a bowl; add lentils and gently stir.
- 3 Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, sugar, salt, and black pepper together in a separate bowl; drizzle over lentil mixture and gently stir.
- 4 Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate until lentils are completely chilled, about 1 hour.
- Calories 301.1
- Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Fat 13 g
- Fiber 12.9 g
- Protein 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Sodium 382.6 mg
- Sugar 4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.