- Published Apr 2nd
- Ready In32m
Cheddar Pecan Wafers Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cheddar Pecan Wafers for 9 servings:
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
Cheddar Pecan Wafers Cooking Instructions
- Ready In32m
To cook Cheddar Pecan Wafers, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cheddar Pecan Wafers is about 12 minutes , and you can serve your Cheddar Pecan Wafers within 32 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cheddar Pecan Wafers easily:
- 1 In a large bowl, mix together the butter, Cheddar cheese, pecans, cayenne pepper and salt until well blended. Gradually mix in flour, using your hands to work in the last bit. The result will be a stiff dough much like shortbread. Form the dough into logs about 1 inch thick, and 10 inches long. Wrap each log in waxed paper, and refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Unwrap the chilled logs of dough, and slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds using a sharp knife. Place slices about 1 inch apart onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- 3 Bake for exactly 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm and slightly browned at the edges. Allow wafers to cool for 1 minute before removing from the pan.
Per Serving: 74 calories; 4.2 g of carbohydrate; 13 mg of cholesterol; 5.6 g of fat; 0.3 g of fiber; 1.7 g of protein; 3.1 g of saturatedFat; 72 mg of sodium; 0 g of sugar;