- Published Sep 9th
- Ready In25m
Cheddar-Thyme Flaky Biscuits Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cheddar-Thyme Flaky Biscuits for 10 servings:
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Cheddar-Thyme Flaky Biscuits Cooking Instructions
- Ready In25m
To cook Cheddar-Thyme Flaky Biscuits, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cheddar-Thyme Flaky Biscuits is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Cheddar-Thyme Flaky Biscuits within 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cheddar-Thyme Flaky Biscuits easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2 In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or a fork until it is the size of peas. Make a well in the center of the mixture and measure the milk, cheese and thyme into the bowl. Gently mix until a soft dough forms.
- 3 Roll or pat out on a floured surface to 3/4 inch thick. Cut into circles and place on a baking sheet.
- 4 Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bottoms of the biscuits are golden brown.
Per Serving: 220 calories; 11.7 grams of fat; 24.4 grams of carbohydrates; 4.7 grams of protein; 32 milligrams of cholesterol; 420 milligrams of sodium.