- Published May 9th
- Ready In25m
Cheese and Hamburger Macaroni Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cheese and Hamburger Macaroni for 4 servings:
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef, or more to taste
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces reduced-fat processed cheese food (such as Velveeta®), cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, or more to taste
Cheese and Hamburger Macaroni Cooking Instructions
- Ready In25m
To cook Cheese and Hamburger Macaroni, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cheese and Hamburger Macaroni is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Cheese and Hamburger Macaroni within 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cheese and Hamburger Macaroni easily:
- 1 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, onion, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- 2 Return skillet to burner over high heat. Add water; cover skillet and bring to a boil. Stir macaroni into the boiling water-ground beef mixture; cover and lower heat to medium. Cook, keeping covered, for 5 minutes. Stir, cover, and cook until macaroni is tender, about 5 more minutes.
- 3 Stir processed cheese food into ground beef-macaroni mixture until melted. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Cook's Note:
- For a Mexican version, add 1 tablespoon cumin and 2 teaspoons chili powder to the hamburger as its cooking. Serve with chopped lettuce, tomato, and salsa. If you're really in a hurry, can use dehydrated onion instead of fresh. Add more onion powder.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 449 calories; 15.4 grams of fat; 47.9 grams of carbohydrates; 28.2 grams of protein; 61 milligrams of cholesterol; 930 milligrams of sodium.