Cheese, hash brown potatoes, bacon, and eggs come together to make a deliciously different and hearty breakfast casserole. Great for company or a special brunch! For a version that has less fat, cholesterol, and calories, use low- or no-fat cheese and/or omit bacon.
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced onion
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package small curd cottage cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- 2 Combine hash browns, Cheddar cheese, onion, bacon, green bell pepper, and parsley in a bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- 3 Mix eggs and cottage cheese together in a blender until smooth. Pour evenly over the potato mixture.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Calories 301.3
- Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 130.8 mg
- Fat 21.2 g
- Fiber 1.9 g
- Protein 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11 g
- Sodium 491.7 mg
- Sugar 1 g