- Published Jun 19th
- Ready In1h 10m
Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Zucchini for 5 servings:
- 12 ounces pork sausage
- 1 large zucchini
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 10m
To cook Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Zucchini, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Zucchini is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Zucchini within 1 hour 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Zucchini easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a baking dish (size is dependent on the size of your zucchini).
- 2 Place crumbled sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- 3 Partially cook zucchini in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. Remove from the microwave and let cool for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine eggs, Colby cheese, cottage cheese, Italian blend cheese, onion, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 4 Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and rinse. Place both halves in prepared baking dish and sprinkle with garlic salt. Layer the sausage, tomatoes and cheese mixture in each half.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Then broil for 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 649 calories; 51 grams of fat; 10.5 grams of carbohydrates; 37.6 grams of protein; 219 milligrams of cholesterol; 1630 milligrams of sodium.