This dish combines two great favorites. It’s a chimichanga with a delicious cheesesteak filling on the inside. Serve warm with ranch dressing for dipping.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound shredded cooked beef
- 2 cups canola oil for frying, or as needed
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1 Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir bell pepper and onion in hot butter until onion is translucent and pepper is tender, about 5 minutes. Add beef; cook and stir until the beef is hot, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- 2 Pour enough canola oil into a saucepan to reach about 1 inch deep; heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 3 Arrange tortillas on a flat surface; place halves of cheese slices end to end lengthwise onto each tortilla. Layer an equal amount of steak mixture atop each cheese slice. Roll tortilla around filling as you would a burrito, with the sides tucked in to close the ends, forming chimichangas.
- 4 Cook chimichangas in the hot oil until browned completely, about 5 minutes per side; drain on paper towels.
- Calories 587.9
- Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Fat 32.1 g
- Fiber 3.3 g
- Protein 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Sodium 614.3 mg
- Sugar 3.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.