- Published Apr 4th
- Ready In1h 15m
Cheesy Mexi-Rice Casserole Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cheesy Mexi-Rice Casserole:
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, with liquid
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package Mexican-style processed cheese food, cubed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
Cheesy Mexi-Rice Casserole Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Cheesy Mexi-Rice Casserole, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cheesy Mexi-Rice Casserole is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Cheesy Mexi-Rice Casserole within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cheesy Mexi-Rice Casserole easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 3 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 2 In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3 In a wok or large skillet, heat the broth and saute the garlic, bell pepper and onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cooked rice, cream-style corn, Mexican-style corn, whole kernel corn, diced tomatoes with chiles, green chiles, Mexican-style processed cheese, salt, pepper and chili powder. Spoon into prepared casserole dish.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Top with shredded Cheddar, cover and bake 5 minutes more. Remove from oven, uncover and let stand 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 332 calories; 56.7 g of carbohydrate; 20 mg of cholesterol; 7.4 g of fat; 3.1 g of fiber; 12.4 g of protein; 4 g of saturatedFat; 1046 mg of sodium; 5 g of sugar;