This savory appetizer is great to eat as a bite on its own or spread onto crackers. You can add fresh rosemary sprigs and cherry tomatoes to make the wreath even more festive.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup basil pesto, divided
- 12 sprigs fresh rosemary, or to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, or to taste
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw a 5-inch circle on the center of the parchment paper.
- 2 Open both cans of dough and separate crescents into 16 triangles. Arrange the triangles on the prepared baking sheet the flat edges lined up and overlapping along the 5-inch circle and the points facing outward; it will resemble a sunburst.
- 3 Combine cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and 6 tablespoons pesto in a bowl. Mix until well combined, then spread around the center of the ring of crescent dough.
- 4 Wrap each dough triangle up over filling and tucking it under the bottom to secure. Repeat around the entire ring. Brush remaining 2 tablespoons pesto on top.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until the dough is golden brown and cooked, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 6 Slice into individually portioned rings, but keep all the rings in place in the shape of a wreath. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and cherry tomatoes.
- Calories 293.5
- Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.9 mg
- Fat 20.9 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Sodium 488.6 mg
- Sugar 2.8 g