This is a comforting fall meal that can be made on weeknights, yet it is elegant enough to serve to guests. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package campanelle pasta
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage in the hot skillet, breaking it into crumbles, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Stir in onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in campanelle pasta and return to a boil. Cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until firm to the bite, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 3 Stir chicken stock, pumpkin, half-and-half, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper into the sausage mixture. Cook, stirring often, until sauce is creamy and thick, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in pasta to coat. Top with fresh sage leaves and serve.
- Calories 610.5
- Carbohydrate 67 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Fat 26 g
- Fiber 4.9 g
- Protein 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12 g
- Sodium 1279.7 mg
- Sugar 5.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.