Roasting garlic alongside the spaghetti squash makes double use of the oven time, and adds double the flavor. This spaghetti squash is great on its own, or as a side dish to any protein.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, or as needed
- 1 (2 pound) spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ⅓ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 6 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Drizzle olive oil over the cut side of the spaghetti squash. Season with salt and black pepper. Place cut-side down on a baking sheet. Place unpeeled garlic on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil. Wrap aluminum foil around garlic, and place onto baking sheet next to the squash.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender and easily pierced with a fork, 40 to 45 minutes. Allow squash and garlic to rest until cool enough to handle. Leave the oven on.
- 4 Peel garlic and squeeze cloves into a large bowl. Smash with a fork until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion powder, basil, oregano, and parsley. Mix into a paste.
- 5 Use a fork to scrape out spaghetti squash strands into the bowl, reserving the shells. Toss spaghetti squash strands with the garlic paste until thoroughly coated. Mix in spinach, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6 Fill each reserved spaghetti squash shell evenly with the filling. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan over the top. Return the filled shells to the baking sheet.
- 7 Bake until cheeses melt, 7 to 10 minutes. Turn on broiler and broil until cheeses begin to brown and bubble, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Calories 456.8
- Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Fat 30.7 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Sodium 692.2 mg
- Sugar 0.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.