This is a delicious baked pasta dish with large shells filled with meat, spinach and cheese that children always seem to love. It is kind of a ‘spaghetti that behaves itself!’
- 1 (16 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- ½ pound Italian sausage
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add shells and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2 Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain and crumble. In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage, spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, garlic, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- 3 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4 Stuff pasta shells with the sausage and cheese mixture and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the pasta is heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Calories 461.2
- Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Fat 18.4 g
- Fiber 4.4 g
- Protein 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Sodium 741.3 mg
- Sugar 6.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.