You should never waste your money by buying dry rubs and steak rubs at the store. Your store-bought versions are nothing more than half salt, half dried spices and herbs–which you can simply mix up at home for a fraction of the cost.
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried, ground rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ground
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 For an all-purpose barbecue rub, mix salt, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, cumin, rosemary, thyme, and brown sugar together in a bowl until well combined.
- 2 For an all-purpose steak rub, mix all ingredients except the brown sugar.
- 3 Store in an airtight container until needed.
- Calories 17
- Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Fat 0.1 g
- Fiber 0.3 g
- Protein 0.2 g
- Sodium 1425 mg
- Sugar 3.5 g