- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In2h
Chef John’s Almond Biscotti Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chef John’s Almond Biscotti for 15 servings:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup whole roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted almonds
Chef John’s Almond Biscotti Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h
To cook Chef John’s Almond Biscotti, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chef John’s Almond Biscotti is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Chef John’s Almond Biscotti within 2 hours . The following are the steps to cook Chef John’s Almond Biscotti easily:
- 1 Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- 2 Place butter, 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, olive oil in a separate mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly until mixture has a creamy texture. Add 1 egg; mix into butter/sugar mixture. Whisk in 2nd egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract; whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture. Mix until flour is incorporated. Add whole almonds and chopped almonds; mix in evenly. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- 4 Divide dough in half. Place each half on a length of plastic wrap and shape into a log. Wrap with the plastic wrap and press into a shape about 3 or 4 inches wide and about 1/2 inch high. Transfer both pieces to prepared baking sheet leaving about 3 or 4 inches of space between them to allow for spreading.
- 5 Bake in center of preheated oven until turning golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing.
- 6 Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 7 Cut each piece at a slight angle into 1/2- to 1 -inch thick slices with a serrated knife. Transfer pieces back to baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 12 minutes; remove from oven and flip pieces over. Return pan to oven and bake until biscotti are golden brown and crunchy, about 20 minutes.
- 8 Transfer biscotti to a cooling rack; let cool to room temperature.
- Chef Note:
- If using kosher salt, use 1/2 teaspoon instead of 1/4 teaspoon fine salt.
- Depending on the size and shape of the biscotti, your baking times will vary greatly. Keep peeking at them once they get close, and wait for that perfect golden brown.
Per Serving: 200 calories; 8 grams of fat; 28.6 grams of carbohydrates; 4.3 grams of protein; 31 milligrams of cholesterol; 81 milligrams of sodium.