- Published Oct 10th
- Ready In1h 15m
Chef John’s Cheese Blintzes Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chef John’s Cheese Blintzes for 1012 servings:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese, strained if wet
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, or as needed for dusting
Chef John’s Cheese Blintzes Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Chef John’s Cheese Blintzes, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chef John’s Cheese Blintzes is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Chef John’s Cheese Blintzes within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chef John’s Cheese Blintzes easily:
- 1 Place 3 eggs, flour, milk, water, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend until completely smooth, 1 or 2 minutes, scraping down sides as needed. Let batter sit at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 2 Whisk together ricotta cheese, cream cheese, lemon zest, egg, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3 Heat a 10-inch, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray or brush lightly with vegetable oil. Pour in about 1/4 cup batter. Immediately swirl batter around to coat bottom of pan. Cook until surface looks dry, about 1 minute. Flip crepe over to briefly cook other side, about 30 seconds. Remove to a plate. Repeat with the rest of batter. Stack crepes.
- 4 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly butter a baking dish.
- 5 Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of filling onto the crepe, about an inch from edge nearest you. Fold edge over filling and flatten slightly. Fold in both sides, then roll up crepe into a small filled rectangle, ending with the seam on the bottom, creating a blintz.
- 6 Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook the blintzes until golden brown on both sides, turning gently, about 2 minutes. Transfer to buttered baking dish.
- 7 Bake in preheated oven to firm up the filling, about 12 minutes. Cool blintzes 10 minutes before serving. Dust lightly with confectioners' sugar.
Per Serving: 452 calories; 33.2 g of carbohydrate; 207 mg of cholesterol; 26.9 g of fat; 0.8 g of fiber; 19.4 g of protein; 12.9 g of saturatedFat; 518 mg of sodium; 10 g of sugar;