- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In1h 20m
These crunchy, crispy crackers have a big, bold cheese flavor. They’re vastly superior to anything you can get at the store. You can change up the cheeses and the spices. It’s really a fun thing to play around with.
Chef John’s Cheesy Crackers Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chef John’s Cheesy Crackers for 36 servings:
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup lightly packed shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup lightly packed freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water, or as needed
Chef John’s Cheesy Crackers Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 20m
To cook Chef John’s Cheesy Crackers, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chef John’s Cheesy Crackers is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Chef John’s Cheesy Crackers within 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chef John’s Cheesy Crackers easily:
- 1 Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with vegetable oil.
- 2 Place butter into a mixing bowl; add Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt. Mix together with the back of a spatula until thoroughly combined.
- 3 Mix flour into cheese mixture with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle in cold water, 1 or 2 drops at a time, and mix with spatula until it comes together in a dough that holds its shape when squeezed.
- 4 Transfer dough to a work surface and press into a thick, flattened disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 6 Roll dough out on a floured work surface to about 1/8-inch thick. Use a pizza cutter to cut 1-inch wide strips from the dough. Cut strips crosswise into rectangles about 1 1/2-inches long. Use the back of a bamboo skewer to punch 5 small holes into each cracker. Arrange crackers onto prepared baking sheet.
- 7 Bake in the preheated oven until crackers are browned and crisp, about 15 minutes. Let stand about 3 minutes for crackers to cool and release from the foil. Let cool completely before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- This is a half recipe. You should double to make enough for a party.
Per Serving: 25 calories; 1.7 grams of fat; 1.4 gram of carbohydrates; 1.1 gram of protein; 5 milligrams of cholesterol; 43 milligrams of sodium.