- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In1h 15m
Chef John’s Chocolate Lava Cake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chef John’s Chocolate Lava Cake for 4 servings:
- butter as needed
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 1/2 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chef John’s Chocolate Lava Cake Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Chef John’s Chocolate Lava Cake, you need about 5 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chef John’s Chocolate Lava Cake is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Chef John’s Chocolate Lava Cake within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chef John’s Chocolate Lava Cake easily:
- 1 Generously butter the inside of 4 (5 1/2 ounce) ramekins. Place them in a casserole dish.
- 2 Whisk together egg yolks, eggs, and sugar in a bowl until light, foamy, and lemon colored.
- 3 Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 3 minutes.
- 4 Stir melted chocolate mixture into egg and sugar mixture until combined.
- 5 Sift cocoa powder into the mixture; stir to combine.
- 6 Sift flour and salt into the mixture; stir to combine into a batter.
- 7 Stir vanilla extract into the batter.
- 8 Transfer batter to a resealable plastic bag. Snip one corner of the bag with scissors to create a tip.
- 9 Divide batter evenly between the prepared ramekins; tap gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- 10 Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 11 Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 12 Arrange the ramekins in a casserole dish. Pour enough hot tap water into the casserole dish to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- 13 Bake in the preheated over for 15-18 minutes. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- 14 Loosen the edges from the ramekin with a knife. Invert each cake onto a plate and dust with powdered sugar.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 394 calories; 28.7 grams of fat; 32 grams of carbohydrates; 6.9 grams of protein; 241 milligrams of cholesterol; 207 milligrams of sodium.