- Published Apr 2nd
- Ready In30m
What’s the best thing about being a chef? It’s being able to name your dishes anything you want! The exotic, tropical tang of the fruit and the richness of the wild salmon work wonderfully together. The ‘bango’ comes from the spicy sweet pepper jam I use to bind the fresh mango relish.
Chef John’s Salmon Mango Bango Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chef John’s Salmon Mango Bango for 2 servings:
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper and ancho chili pepper jam
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 salmon fillets, skin removed
- sea salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Chef John’s Salmon Mango Bango Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Chef John’s Salmon Mango Bango, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chef John’s Salmon Mango Bango is about 5 minutes , and you can serve your Chef John’s Salmon Mango Bango within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chef John’s Salmon Mango Bango easily:
- 1 Stir mango, lime juice, pepper jam, and cilantro together in a bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for relish flavors to combine, about 30 minutes.
- 2 Season salmon fillets with sea salt.
- 3 Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until oil begins to smoke. Place salmon, flesh-side down, in the hot skillet and cook until edges are just starting to cook through, about 2 minutes. Flip fillets, remove skillet from heat, and let fillets sit in the hot pan until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and top with chilled mango relish.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 307 calories; 11.6 grams of fat; 27 grams of carbohydrates; 25.1 grams of protein; 51 milligrams of cholesterol; 211 milligrams of sodium.