This dessert is the ideal way to get your cherry fix, especially when they’re not in season. Lovely enough to serve to guests who don’t need to know how quick and easy it is to make. Nice served with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 Combine shortbread cookie crumbs, butter, and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2 Combine cream cheese, yogurt, condensed milk, lemon juice, almond extract, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- 3 Add about 1 tablespoon of cookie mixture to the bottom of four 8-ounce canning jars or small dessert dishes. Spoon or pipe in a layer of the cream cheese mixture, followed by a layer of cherry pie filling. Repeat this layering once more.
- 4 Move desserts to the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes or longer before serving.
- Calories 803.1
- Carbohydrate 106.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.1 mg
- Fat 35.8 g
- Fiber 1.9 g
- Protein 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Sodium 541.5 mg
- Sugar 32.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.